Proctoring a Student Survey
What You'll Learn
In this resource you can learn about how to administer a survey taken by students.
Why is my role as a proctor important?
- As a proctor, your role is to set the tone for students who are about to take their student survey by explaining the opportunity for students to give feedback on their classroom and school experiences.
- It’s important for students to know how important their voice is, and you can set the tone for that interaction.
- Following best practices as a proctor will ensure quality feedback for teachers to act on.
How should I proctor to ensure the best results?
- Encourage students to take the survey seriously.
- Make sure all students are prepared to do work or read quietly after they have completed their surveys.
- Collect all the necessary items for surveys ahead of time: paper surveys (if applicable), pencils/writing instruments, and/or online access codes.
- Review collection protocols to best protect the confidentiality of student responses.
- Provide feedback to survey coordinators about best practices for survey administration.
Download our customizable Proctor Guides and use them to proctor surveys in your classroom. If you need additional materials that teachers can use during survey administration in their classroom, you can download the customizable Proctor Slides:
STUDENT FEEDBACK SURVEYS
- Proctor Instructions - Student Surveys about their School or Classroom (Word doc)
- Proctor Slides - Student Surveys - One survey (about the School OR the Classroom)
- Proctor Slides - Student Surveys - Two surveys (about the School AND the Classroom)
SEL STUDENT SURVEYS
- Proctor Instructions - SEL Survey (Word doc)
- Proctor Instructions - SEL Survey + School Supports and Environment Survey (Word doc)
- Proctor Slides - SEL Survey - One Survey (about the School OR about Competencies)
- Proctor Slides - SEL Survey - Two Surveys (about the School AND about Competencies)
IMPORTANT: Students most often use their student ID as their access code. The survey-taking site is surveys.panoramaed.com/[youruniqueclientURL]. If you are unsure of your client URL, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.