How Do I Ensure All My Students Can Take Surveys?
What You’ll Learn
In this resource you can learn how Panorama’s survey-taking platform promotes accessibility, and best practice tips for ensuring that all of your students are able to provide feedback.
Why Accessibility Matters
We know that all teachers want all students to have equal access to the opportunity to share their voice. Panorama’s core mission of capturing the voice of students for feedback is central to what we do. By allowing all voices to share their experiences, we can build an inclusive culture of giving and receiving feedback.
Some key features of Panorama’s platform support students’ accessibility needs:
- Surveys are screen reader compatible
- Panorama surveys do not rely heavily on multimedia - no video or audio on our survey-taking pages!
- Panorama's platform follows accessibility guidelines for contrast and color
- Respondents can complete surveys using only a keyboard or mouse
- Surveys don’t have a time limit - allowing users to take as much time as they need
- Answer choices on survey taking forms appear in consistent format
- Panorama’s Student Survey Instrument is translated into eight different languages
How to Ensure Accessibility for All Students
While our platform ensures that all students can access our surveys to provide valuable feedback, there are some best practices that you can apply.
- Ensure that the computers or tablets you are using have screen reader software compatibility
- Read more about screen readers using this resource from the American Foundation for the Blind
- Increase font size on any browser - our surveys can be accessed using any browser
- Read questions aloud to students
- Remind students that Panorama’s survey instrument is translated into eight different languages
- To learn more about how Panorama can support accessible survey-taking in your school or district, read about how our products and services align with federal and online guidelines
Read more on our blog post about accessibility.